Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Loviatar No. 4 Progress Report: Stat Block Formats

I imagine that there are official ways to do stat blocks, but because Loviatar is a fanzine I have to lay them out in a way that makes sense to me. Below is an example of how I'm going to be doing my AD&d 2e stat blocks. I hope it makes sense to you, too. I provide a lot of details (perhaps too many), but that's what I like to have when I play.

Mora; Bariaur Wizard lvl 3
Armor Class: 10; Hit Dice: 3d4; Hit Points: 9; THAC0: 20; Attacks: Dagger (1d4 dam); Move: 15, Alignment: Neutral Good

Spells: Armor, Color Spray, Invisibility

Abilities: Strength 10, Dexterity 14, Constitution 12, Intelligence 15, Wisdom 15 (+1 bonus to magical saves), Charisma 16

Saves: Paralyzation, Poison or Death Magic 14, Rod, Staff or Wand 11, Petrification or Polymorph 13, Breath Weapon 15, Spell 12

Special Abilities: Infravision (60’), +2 bonus on surprise rolls, +3 bonus to saving throws vs. spells, +2 bonus to saving throws vs. charm. 

Languages: Bariaur, elf, githzerai, common, woodland creatures

Equipment: Backpack, rations (2 days), wine skin, traveling spell book, dagger, bedroll, bar of soap, hair brush, 25 gp 

No comments:

Post a Comment