Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Title Page


I am working on the title page for Loviatar no. 13. The first few pages have also been written and later today I will crunch my first ever Lords of Creation stat block. I think that in the past I was a little hard on Tom's game. With the passage of time and the ensuing tangling with rules light games that don't feel that way at all *cough*FATE*cough*, I have a newfound appreciation for it. 

     And yes, it's a darn shame I cannot print his issue in color. It'd be so fun!

     Speaking of fun, I think it's very easy to go overboard with Lords of Creation. While I could create something that was full of moon sharks and cowboys riding dinosaurs (and there's nothing wrong with that), I always try to write with sustainability in mind. I can only do absurdest gonzo for so long. Taking the lessons I have learned from playing the Storytelling System, I am going to do my best to create an environment that is magical and wondrous, yet playable longterm.

5 comments:

  1. Ha, that would be cool. I'm figuring out the logistics of doing a color issue myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please let me know if you find a cheap way. I have comic books that have held up for 30 years, which has me wondering if there is an afforable, newsprint style of doing it.

      Delete
  2. What's awesome about LoC is that you can still have a sustainable game with super-gonzo stuff like cowboys riding utahraptors playing polo with sleestaks on motorcycles because the central conceit involves an infinite number of parallel worlds. If the weird is getting stale, just move the game to somewhere else that is fun but less gonzo, like Dante's Inferno or spending some time in Narnia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aslan would have kickass stats, no doubt!

    On an unrelated note, I think I know the answer to this, but I wanted to ask to be certain: does Loviatar accept article submissions?

    ReplyDelete