Thursday, May 31, 2012

Progress on Many Fronts

Illustration for the "Bear Flag Republic" article. Copyright Jay Penn, 2012

Loviatar no. 11 is in Matthew's capable hands. While he works his magic, I am excited as Jay's illustrations make their way to me. It's always exciting to see your words come to life.

     In the meantime I am writing articles for Loviatar no. 12. I still have maps and stat blocks to do for no. 11, but I needed a break. The material for no. 12 is coming along nicely. Aside from the sandbox, I can see how Loviatar's second year is going to focus heavily on California seen through the role-playing game lens.

     The introduction to no. 12 is giving me a heck of a time. I just don't know how to say, "I love writing this zine, so thank you for reading it. However, I struggle with the role-playing game scene  - online or otherwise - and want to use this rag as a rocket ship to get as far away from it as I can. Please continue to come along for the ride. It'd be a lonely trip without you."


A gamer with a Star Trek mug? Shocker. 

     On a final note, the nibbins were playing with some little plastic pandas today. As my Los Angeles Kings lay the wood to the New Jersey Devils, my mind is trying to make an emulsion of pandas and hockey, while using Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Other Strangeness as a binding agent. I don't know if it will come together or not. (If you own any TMNT books that you'd like to sell or trade, please let me know. )

5 comments:

  1. Got your note and understand where you are coming from.

    That being said, there is always a seat for you at any game I run.

    Now get back to writing Loviatar! I'm still waiting for a Haldane special issue ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Tim said he'd love to game with you as well.

    Congrats on all the hard work and fun that you are having with your zine. You've been a HUGE influence on the OSR.

    You Sir, Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: At my second job I work at a pizza place and we are allowed to wear any kind of red shirt. So I'm going to get one of the Star Trek red shirts.

    So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had a blast playing TMNT RPG back in High School!

    ReplyDelete