Friday, May 18, 2012

Loviatar no. 10; May 2012

Our exploration of the sandbox heads east! Hex 006 is a wilderness hex that offers tie-ins with material presented in previous installments. Intrepid explorers may encounter a group of timid goblins, who fled from the same tribe as the group found in some caves north of Combe (See Loviatar no. 7). The potato gnomes that dwell in a nearby well are not pleased in the least and want the goblins out! A sickened treant, Harrowminder the Yew, also lives in the hex. He awaits aid from one of his kinsmen, but is unaware that his fellow 'ent was struck by lightning and killed (See Loviatar no. 9). PCs may also encounter a witch and her flock of flying cats, as well as a lone wolf who refused to serve an evil spirit (See Loviatar no. 6).

     The "Lonely Dance on a Cold, Northern Shore" continues as well. The Kindred are predators who prefer not to kill. Instead, they prefer a live - yet hopelessly dependent - vessel that can be cruelly manipulated. In this column, you will meet a cold, calculating Ventrue and the three licks he is slowly destroying.

     Loviatar no. 10 is produced in digest format with a cardstock cover. It is 24 pages long and is printed in black and white on 24 pound, bright white paper.

8 comments:

  1. Love that cover. And I think you know I can't wait for the next issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christian: another winner.

    And I knew that by the time I hit the end of the Introduction. I have to sell my wife out--I'll avoid the spoilers here--I read the Introduction aloud to her and she laughed throughout the "vetting session" but when we got to your bathroom, she lost it. I have to admit I was laughing hard enough I had to stop and catch a breath.

    All we can both say is: "I hope he SCRUBBED that bathroom down. Several times."

    And hey! Pierced navel pics too!

    Keep up the good work, my friend. Anticipate a renewed subscription in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, man, I went CRAZY with the bleach. I am such a neat freak, so I totally lost it. *shudder* I am so glad you liked the issue and will be happy to see you back on board. :)

      Delete
    2. Just an FYI: Review of #10 will be up on my blog first thing tomorrow.

      Delete
    3. Very cool. Coincidentally, I scribbled a letter to you yesterday when I was a meeting. After the recent tabletop mayhem, I've gone analog big time as I run shrieking from the hobby, so thanks for the heads up regarding the blog post.

      Delete
    4. I was actually depressed for Christian after the introduction. Sounds like a gaming desert. Makes me thankful my gaming buds!

      Morgan

      Delete
  3. #10 arrived in the mail today and looks great! Looking forward to a thorough read later after the initial skim.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on, Andrew. I hope you enjoy the read. :)

      Delete