Monday, April 16, 2012

Loviatar no. 9; April 2012

This issue is another all-hex affair. In Hex 005 explorers will enter their first wilderness hex. While there are no settlements or roads, the hex is still teeming with activity. PCs can visit Morgan Stringman, who does his best to placate drunken satyrs and surly potato gnomes. At the heart of Morgan's conflict with his neighbors is a giant owl, which he tries to protect despite the fact that it preys upon halflings from a nearby village.

     Willum the Ravenous is another resident of the hex. The scarred gourmand lives near an old, leaning tower. The tower is a rather intriguing source of adventure, as the knockers that toil below would love to torment any PCs foolish enough to enter into their realm. If the PCs dare enter the knockers' realm, they are in for a mind-bending, terrifying experience.

     Loviatar no. 9 is produced in digest format with a cardstock cover. It is 24 pages long and is printed in black and white on 24 pound, bright white paper.

9 comments:

  1. I so like that cover, great art work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an awesome issue, can't wait to see it. And that is an OUTSTANDING cover! Might be my favorite yet, but I'll reserve judgment until I see it in person and compare it with all the other excellent covers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right on, Andrew! I hope you enjoy it. :)

      Delete
    2. BTW, I have all the issues lined up here and I can't quite decide if the cover of #6 or #9 is my favorite. #9 might win by just a hair, but they are both great.

      Another terrific issue!

      Delete
    3. Glad you like it Andrew! I knew pretty early on that that piece was going to be pretty good, so it was a nervous time trying to complete it without ruining it.
      Up until this issue, the cover to #5 had been my personal favourite, but I'm like you, #9 now wins by a whisker. But I'm going for gold again with the cover for #10, hopefully it'll make the top of a few folks' favourite lists too.

      Delete
    4. Can't wait to see what you pull off for #10, Jay! Awesome job!

      Delete
  3. The green card stock is perfect for it, Christian, can't wait to hold it in my arms tenderly... lovingly...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have another mailing to do tomorrow. Your copies will be among them, Jay. I hope the text and layout matches the quality of your artwork. :)

      Delete