Sunday, February 12, 2012

Single Issue Rate Increase

I spent a busy two hours today fulfilling orders.
If you are a subscriber, then pay this no mind. Nothing to see here. Move along.

    I am increasing the single issue price by 50 cents to $3.50. This is not something I am happy about, but I feel it's necessary based upon increased printing costs due to the four page expansion and the use of 24 pound, bright white paper. I also want to set aside a modest reserve fund for those months when an issue might balloon to 28 pages. Even if the reserve does not get tapped, it's nice to have something just in case.

     For what it's worth, Scrollworks - my last digest format zine - was priced at $3.50 per issue. Of course, that was about eight years ago, so perhaps $3.50 isn't so bad after all.

     Subscription rates are unchanged (and a hell of a bargain).

4 comments:

  1. Can a subscriber contribute extra to help?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worries, brother. I did not foresee that it was going to be the back issue sales that were going to require so much maintenance. They have resulted in many unexpected trips to the PO and the copy shop. It is a GOOD problem, though. People really seem to be digging the rag so I just want to make sure that single issues are priced to ensure viability. :)

      Delete
  2. No worries. I'm about to order the rest of the back catalog (3-6) and subscribe on top of that... totally worth $3.50 an issue ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Ian. I am so glad that you are enjoying the zine. :)

      Delete