Sunday, February 5, 2012

Notes in the Margins: Loviatar 6

I scribbled a few lines of text in my copy of Loviatar no. 6 in the "Development" section of Hex 003. My notes read as follows:

     Alternatively, the PCs can attempt to evade the wolf spirit by having a cleric cast Remove Curse. The spell will mask the group, making it impossible for the spirit to locate them.

     I was thinking that there should be some other method of dealing with the enraged wolf spirit than melee. The clerics in Hex 003 are not sufficient level to cast Remove Curse, but there will be a cleric in Hex 004 who can do the job.

3 comments:

  1. I think I would have allowed that anyway, if my (so-far-hypothetical) players found a way to attempt it.

    Are you going to include that text in further printings (or, to put it another way, should I get a new copy)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think you need another copy. :) I always have to remember that the target audience for this rag are seasoned, old school DMs who are able to think quickly on their feet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I am with faoladh on this one. I would just have a travelling mystic show up with some outlandish ritual (no doubt needing the eye of a basilisk) to cast the powerful magic. We would make it work. :)

    ReplyDelete