Sunday, November 13, 2011

Loviatar No. 5 Progress Report: A Slight Delay

Jay Penn's catoblepas
I had hoped to mail Loviatar no. 5 on Monday the 21st. Sadly, I am going to push that back until the 28th or 30th. The issue will still mail this month, just a week later than expected. The delay is due to the fact that I was unhappy with the feel of the issue at 20 pages. While 20 pages is a fine length for a monthly digest, the contents seemed limited. I'm going to add four pages, which should allow me to add a third article and to make sure that each one feels "complete."

4 comments:

  1. Cool. Like that catoblepas too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay did a great job, huh? He was careful to draw a loathsome beast, but not one that mirrored the classic trampier illo. After that whole rust monster debacle, I want nothing to do with IP infringement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to see a collection of classic monsters done in that style - it's got the vibrance of good tattoo art and looks like a 400 year old Chinese illustration.

    ReplyDelete