Friday, August 19, 2011

Loviatar No. 3 Progress Report: Back in L.A.

Tick tock! Twenty-two days until the issue goes to the printer. On my way up the coast I dropped by the mailbox and found an incredible trade and letter waiting for me. You should see this fellow close up. He is a thing of absolute beauty!

     While I was away Matt announced winners of a contest he sponsored. Entrants wrote short adventures based upon a map he drew. The contestants did such an amazing job! Check it out! I am very excited to welcome them all to the zine. :)

     Almost all of the interior ads have been received. The vintage Dragon ads will give way to graphics by bloggers, podcasters and publishers. On the subject of art, the cover illustration is being inked. I found a great artist with whom to work. He is creating something that is perfect for an October cover.

     One of the articles has been reviewed, torn apart by Bigby (formerly of Countdown to Game Time) and laid out. The material in the article will receive a bit of a playtest this weekend to see how it works out with actual gamers and dice.

     Finally, I'm no longer available on Google+. I wasn't sure what to do with it, so I thought I'd bid it a fond farewell and focus on my face to face game, as well as the rag.

     Have a great weekend!

7 comments:

  1. That's one scary lookin' dude. I like him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Issue Two arrived safe and sound in the UK this morning. I shall be sitting down to give it a proper read later on, but it looks as great as last issue already. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bard: Thank you! The person who sent him to me is a wargamer like yourself. I'm not sure how you guys do what you do, painting wise. It looks so hard!

    Sir Timothy: Excellent! I hope you enjoy the read. Number Three Pigeon street was a lot of fun to use in play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not sure how you guys do what you do, painting wise. It looks so hard!

    It used to be easier before this old back started getting creakier. Can't quite pull off those all-night, Mountain-Dew-and-Cap'n-Crunch painting sessions any more... ;)

    Glad you liked the mini! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. larkins: I wrote you a letter of thanks and will drop it in the post on Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome looking mini! Very nicely painted.
    Can't wait to see how you use him!

    ReplyDelete